Under the visionary guidance of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai, the Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030 (DIES) was developed in 2010 and deployed in 2011 to set the strategic direction of Dubai towards securing sustainable supply of energy and enhancing demand efficiency (water, power & transportation fuel).
The Dubai Supreme Council of Energy is the governing body tasked with policy development, planning and coordinating with concerned authorities & energy bodies to deliver new energy sources while employing a balanced approach to protecting the environment.
Vision: Dubai to be a role model to the world in energy security & efficiency.
Mission: Support Dubai’s economic growth through secure energy supply & efficient energy use while meeting the following environmental & sustainability objectives:
• Effective planning of energy sector.
• Develop an integrated approach to securing energy supply and employing efficient energy practices for the sustainable growth of Dubai.
• Ensure sustainability of energy supply while preserving environment.
• Rationalize use of energy and ensure environmental sustainability.
• Plan and facilitate the execution of the strategic initiatives, demand management and supply options with view of diversifying energy sources.
• Set a governance framework to streamline existing energy practices across the DSCE entities to optimize synergy and energy efficiency.